Thank you to everyone who came out to the Friends Feeding Friends 2nd Anniversary Celebration and Open House!
Kat McDermott, our first FOM Intern, introduced Carol Cusick, our Treasurer and Food Pantry Champion, who explained what it takes to run the pantries and recognized our many awesome volunteers and contributors. Visitors got to see firsthand the latest surprise haul from the New Hampshire Food Bank along with standard items we pick up. Willing Hands, the Enfield Mascoma Lions Club, Enfield Fire Department, and MTD's Property Maintenance were all represented and recognized for their valuable contributions. We celebrated after the remarks with a delicious and beautifully lettered cake donated by Carolyn Neville-Freese of Duck Soup Catering.
Scavenger hunt participants went home with FOM Euro Car stickers. Kat did the honor of drawing the winner of the T-Shirt from a Hannaford West Lebanon Fight Hunger bag - the winner is Sue Jukosky!
Some of the questions and hints scattered throughout the pantry included:
- How many pounds can "Forkie" the fork life handle? 2200 lb.
- What local company sent us 4 employees to volunteer as part of their community service program? Hypertherm
- How many turkeys did we supply to our community this year? 135
- How many refrigeration/freezer units do we have at the Canaan Food Pantry? 8
- Did you know Friends Feeding Friends received approximately 131,685 pounds of food for distribution in 2017?
- NH Food Bank 117,014 lb.
- Willing Hands 4,671 lb.
- USDA 10,000 lb. approx.