Friends of Mascoma Scholarship
Attention Class of 2017!
The Friends of Mascoma Foundation scholarship application is ready for the Class of 2017. Applications will ONLY be accepted through this website and are due May 1st each calendar year.
The number of scholarships and dollar amount awarded is dependent on available funds each year. At this time we can confirm the Class of 2017 has the following scholarships available to them:
- $2,000 in scholarships from Friends of Mascoma Foundation (breakdown to be determined based on applications received)
- One $1,000 STEM scholarship donated by Malformity Labs
- One $1,000 women in STEM scholarship donated by Malformity Labs
- One $1,000 education scholarship (4+ year degree) donated by Carolyn A. Cusick
- Three $1,500 scholarships for sciences, healthcare, or teaching (4+ year degree) donated by Roberta Hines and Jerry Liebrand in memory of Sadie Seamans, Velma Hines, and Verne Hines
Friends of Mascoma celebrates the pursuit of all forms higher education. We encourage students pursuing trades and certificate programs to apply for our scholarships.
Applicants may apply for multiple scholarships on one application, applicants should select the relevant checkboxes under "Scholarship(s) you are applying for." Scholarships will be announced at senior awards night. Scholarship monies will be paid directly to the institution the recipient is attending. At this time there is no "save" option within the application, please see our FAQs for more information on this.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors at MVRHS.
- Applicants must be pursuing post-secondary programs including technical/trade/certificate programs, associates degrees, and 4+year degrees.
- Applicants must provide one letter of recommendation.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend Mascoma's Awards Night to receive their scholarship.