Friends of Mascoma Mini-Grants
Mini-Grants are modest awards that help educators make a positive difference in the learning experience of their students. Mini-grants support, encourage, and facilitate great teaching ideas that would not be possible within the existing school budget. Since the program inception, Friends of Mascoma has awarded over $15,500 in mini-grants!
For applications in excess of $1,000 please email email@example.com to coordinate with the Scholarships & Mini-Grant Committee so that we can verify the KCD Public Gifts or Donations to Schools policy has been followed.
Any member of the Mascoma Valley Regional School District’s instructional or professional staff (i.e., teachers, counselors, librarians, paraprofessionals, or nurses) is eligible to apply for a mini-grant. FOM organizes a Mini-Grant Committee that reviews and select recipients.
Grants are awarded based on the quality of the idea and the projected impact of the project presented in the application. The number of grants awarded depends on funds raised each year. Currently there is no limit to the amount applicants may request, we have funding to award modest requests with the possibility of supplemental grants if a project is more than we can grant.
The application process is short and straightforward. Clear articulation of a good teaching idea and its expected impact are the basis of a successful application.
- Pre-approval by your principal is required for all proposed projects.
- All applications must be submitted electronically using our online form.
- All projects must be completed within six months of fund disbursement.
- Within a month of completion of the mini-grant project, a summary of the project’s outcome is required, project summaries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mini-grant project summaries must be submitted to Friends of Mascoma before additional mini-grants may be pursued.
Starting in the 2018-2019 there will be four deadlines each year:
- October 1st
- January 1st
- April 1st
- July 1st
You will receive a response to your mini-grant application approximately 4-6 weeks after the deadline.
Please visit our FAQs page to see common questions and answers. To see a list of past mini-grant projects please visit our mini-grant projects page and stay tuned for further updates!